Terms & Conditions of use for all Absolutely Fitness members
- All members are responsible for complying with the following terms & conditions, which are in place for the enjoyment and safety of Absolutely Fitness members and staff.
- Absolutely Fitness facilities should be used in accordance to the gym etiquette displayed.
- If an Absolutely Fitness card or fob is issued, it is done so with the following conditions of use:
- The card/fob must be swiped or scanned on each visit for entry at the main entrance as well as any bolt on areas the membership is subscribed to.
- The card/fob is not transferable and may only be used by the person who it has been issued to.
- Failure to produce membership cards/fobs will result in a charge for admission.
- Misconduct can result in the loss of the card/fob and membership suspension.
- Lost cards/fobs are replaced at a charge of £5.00
- Absolutely Leisure reserves the right to make changes to the programming of the facilities. Specific activities within our sites, such as spinning and functional training rooms, will at times be unavailable for general use if classes or courses are taking place, such times will be advertised in advance.
- Absolutely Leisure endeavour to ensure that all facilities, classes and equipment are available during the advertised opening times. However, occasionally, due to circumstances beyond our control, facilities or equipment may be unavailable or classes cancelled. Also, during festive periods opening times may be altered at the discretion of the management. These circumstances have been calculated within the membership fees.
- Absolutely Fitness membership Direct Debit contracts offer an easy monthly payment scheme. The payments are collected by third party Debit Finance Collections (DFC). If on a 12 month contract, a member may pay the remaining balance of their contract at any time. This is a rolling contract and payments continue into month 13 and beyond, as the contract does not automatically terminate after the twelfth payment.
- Absolutely Leisure has a planned redecoration programme for our gyms. During these periods it may be necessary to restrict access to the gyms for a small period of time. We are unable to refund memberships during any such period. Whilst we recognise this can be an inconvenience we would encourage alternatives to your exercise routine.
- Minimum age for membership to Absolutely Fitness is 16 years. Please note any members between 16-17 years of age signing up to a direct debit will require third party consent from a responsible adult over 18 years of age. Members of this age signing up to an annual up front membership do so at their own consent.
- If on a contract for 2 or more monthly payments, Direct debits cannot be cancelled prior to the expiry date/or final contracted payment has been made. If, in extreme circumstances the contract cannot be fulfilled it can be transferred to another person. If due to relocation (minimum distance determined at DFC or Absolutely Fitness’ discretion) memberships can be cancelled with 1 months’ notice, providing sufficient proof. A contract may be cancelled once the final contracted payment has been made; this requires 1 months’ notice in writing to DFC (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the ‘Manage your membership’ section on the Absolutely Fitness website (absolutely-fitness.co.uk/manage-your-membership). In the unfortunate circumstance of members becoming redundant, sustaining serious injury, or suffering serious illness, Absolutely Leisure will review membership status on an individual basis providing sufficient proof.
- If on a month to month contract, the membership can be cancelled at any time after the first instalment has been taken. There is a 1 month notice period and the member must notify Absolutely Fitness in writing via the ‘Manage your membership’ section on the Absolutely Fitness website (www.absolutelyfitness.co.uk/manage-your-membership)
- Any payments due within the notice period are payable in full. E.g. a member that pays on the 1st of the month and cancels on the 2nd of the month will pay in full on the 1st of the following month.
- Please do not cancel your direct debit at any point as DFC will still attempt to take payment unless
instructed by us by way of a cancellation request and if this happens an administration fee of minimum
£16.70 will be payable.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any
cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason,
you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £16.70.
- You agree to pay the full amount due for the products or services that you have purchased from us within the specified time frame. If you fail to make a direct payment by the due date, you will be in breach of this agreement and we reserve the right the right to take any action that we deem necessary to recover the outstanding amount. This may include, but is not limited to, sending your details to an external debt collection company and you will be liable for any further charges as a result. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any damages or losses that you may suffer as a result of your failure to pay on time.
- It is the member’s responsibility to check Direct Debit payments have ceased from their bank account once a cancellation has been agreed and notify staff within 1 month. Further payments will not be reimbursed.
- Annual up front memberships cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
A joint membership for two people is paid for in a single monthly Direct Debit. It cannot be converted to a single membership until after the expiry date or twelfth payment has been made. A single adult membership can be converted into a joint membership at any time, and is treated as a new membership with the minimum 12 monthly payments commencing once the first joint payment is made.
Payments may be frozen providing valid proof where the user is unable to use any of the facilities for a minimum period of 1 month. This must be done in writing with a minimum notice period 14 days before next payment due. Queries on frozen memberships can only be dealt with when a copy of the initial request is provided. The contracted payments can only be frozen for a maximum of six months at a time, and no more than 6 months per year. A request for freeze of payments cannot be backdated.
Explanation of other costs
Pro Rata (non-refundable) – This payment covers the cost of using the facilities straight away, until the first payment is made.
Admin Fee (non-refundable) – This is the charge for setting up the membership, postage, contract process, plus any costs throughout the life of their membership.
The management reserve the right to terminate or temporarily suspend the membership of any person breaching rules and regulations, or for any other reason the management team deems appropriate. During suspension the member will continue to be charged membership fees.
Screening – Health Commitment Statement
I have read and agree to the terms of the Health Commitment Statement (HCS)
All gym users are recommended to attend a gym induction. However, experienced gym users are not required for an induction if they do not deem it necessary. To book an induction the online booking page can be used (https://www.absolutely-fitness.co.uk/fitness-classes/) or the gym should be contacted directly using the details found here: www.absolutely-fitness.co.uk/contact-us/
If you are employed by one of the companies listed in the Absolutely Fitness company file, you are entitled to a discounted membership. You must provide proof of employment when joining, this may be asked for again at a later date.
No food or drink may be brought into and consumed within Absolutely Fitness sites with the exception to drinking water, or with permission from the management. All users of Absolutely Leisure sites must observe the rules and comply with any directions the management may give to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient operation of the site. Absolutely Leisure reserves the right to alter and amend these rules at any time. To meet the agreed terms & conditions by signing this document.
Absolutely Fitness customers agree that all records provided are correct and MUST notify a member of staff immediately if there are any changes to personal information including medical, personal and bank details. Any bolt-on membership fees have to be attached to an existing gym membership of that site, bolt-on subscriptions are not valid on their own.
I have read, and agree to abide by the Absolutely Fitness Terms & Conditions above. I understand that I have a 14 day cooling off period to terminate my Direct Debit contract, this must be confirmed in writing.